Curriculum vitae of the Dean of the Faculty of Archeology
Prof. Dr. Makhlid Diab Faisal
– Triple Name: Prof. Dr. Makhlid Diab Faisal… Born in Kadhimiya City / Baghdad 1979
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in History from the College of Education – University of Basra in 2001
He holds a master’s degree in Islamic history from the College of Education – University of Babylon in 2007
– Holds a PhD – Philosophy in Islamic History from the College of Education – University of Basra 2013 AD, with a specialization (Biography of the Prophet and Religions)
– He held the position of rapporteur of the History Department at the College of Arts / University of Dhi Qar in 2007.
– He held the position of Director of Scientific Affairs and Graduate Studies at the College of Arts / University of Dhi Qar in 2015.
Received a postgraduate course in the history department for the same year.
He held the position of Head of Documents Department at Dhi Qar Center for Historical and Archaeological Studies in 2016.
He has a variety of researches in various fields, amounting to 28 research papers.
– He has participated in several international and local conferences and symposia, and directly supervised the holding of the first international conference of the Faculty of Archeology / University of Dhi Qar for the year 2020.
– Oversaw the establishment of electronic seminars for the Faculty of Archeology, with various titles, amounting to more than 26 seminars and workshops.
Teaching at the Faculty of Arts / University of Dhi Qar for primary and higher studies.
– Discussed and supervised a number of university theses (Masters and Ph.D.) and the number of discussions reached 48.
– Received the Shield of the Distinguished Professor at the Dhi Qar Center for Historical and Archaeological Studies in 2017.
He held the position of Associate Dean of the Faculty of Archeology / University of Dhi Qar 2018/2019.
– Assigned to him, the work of the Deanship of the Faculty of Archeology / University of Dhi Qar will run as of 12/12/2019.
– He held the position of Dean of the Faculty of Archeology in accordance with the Diwani order as of 10/26/2021.
– Worked on concluding a protocol (joint scientific cooperation) with the Inspectorate of Antiquities and Heritage of Dhi Qar starting from the 2021/2022 school year, which was active in the field cooperation movement on the scope of training students in archaeological sites.
– Students of the Faculty of Archeology (Maidania) were involved with the French and Italian excavation teams working in the Larsa fields.
– Participated in the workshop on (the project to develop the archaeological site of Ur and other sites), which was held at the Ministry of Planning on 3/22/2022 AD according to the invitation addressed to him by the Undersecretary for Technical Affairs, Dr. Maher Hammad Johan.
– Received more than 55 letters of thanks and appreciation during the period of administrative assignments, including 7 books from (the Minister).
He has (five books), three of which are published and have international coding, and two are in progress.